* The sequence of events began this morning with a tweet from Trump.
Highest Stock Market EVER, best economic numbers in years, unemployment lowest in 17 years, wages raising, border secure, S.C.: No WH chaos!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 31, 2017
* Approximately two hours later, Trump’s new chief of staff told his communications director of 10 days, “You’re fired.”
President Trump has decided to remove Anthony Scaramucci from his position as communications director, three people close to the decision said Monday, relieving him just days after Mr. Scaramucci unloaded a crude verbal tirade against other senior members of the president’s senior staff.
* Why was Scaramucci fired?
sources also say POTUS & fam did not appreciate how A.S. comments linked them to vulgarity. Like to play rough but not be laughed at/embrsd
— Robert Costa (@costareports) July 31, 2017
* As is often the case with this administration, I’ll give a trigger warning for the foul language, but that excuse is preposterous.
By all means, grab ’em by the pussy, but never suck your own cock. https://t.co/3EgrISROlu
— Molly (@isteintraum) July 31, 2017
* Meanwhile, the Mooch isn’t the only one with egg all over his face today. How about Boris Epshteyn of Sinclair Media, who was singing Scaramucci’s praise just 3 days ago?
* Here’s how we’ll end this portion of today’s drama:
you’re the chaos
— Philip Bump (@pbump) July 31, 2017
In case that doesn’t ring any bells, here’s the source.